March 21, 2008

SHAWN WUERTLY VIOLENT RAPIST NOT OFF THE HOOK


BYE BYE SHAWN! DON'T DROP THE SOAP.

Shawn Wuertley, a raping idiot, and a Florida hotel security guard accused of sexually assaulting and then trying to kill a Tuscaloosa, Alabama teen on spring break is now in police custody. It was stated that when the girl fought back, Wuertley, the big puss who beats and rapes women, threw her off a sixth-story balcony. SHE LIVED. The rapist-pig was found hiding like a little girl in a wooded area near Panama City Beach.

Some quotes from his MySpace page


"ANY GOOD GIRLS OUT THER
E LOOKING FOR THEIR OWN BAD BOY?


I am a 29 yr old straight male, I have the most beautiful son in this world, I am 5ft 7in, 175lbs, bro hair, bro eyes. I am easy going, enjoy laughing and i like to make the best out of life. I am a huge race fan and am looking into the truck driving occupation field. I love horses and just about every other animal known to man.

 I am living in Indianapolis Indiana currently but Florida is my next destination within a few months.

Who I'd like to meet: I'd like to meet fun happy go lucky people who are down to earth, enjoy life ,laughs a lot, and who might be interested in getting to know one another on a relationship level.

(Michelle's note: After contacting Indiana authorities it was discovered that Wuertley served time in prison for several felonies, none of them violent. He was convicted on burglary charges from 1998, 1999 and 2004, and on car theft, theft and two receiving stolen property charges in 1999. He was also convicted of failure to return lawfully/escape in 2004. Records show that Wuertley served time in Indiana prisons between 1998 and 2005.)


PREVIOUS INFORMATION

What have I been harping on forever? Be SAFE while on vacation! I knew this would happen, and I'm sure it's already happened to many girls who just aren't going to come forward...or don't remember or realize what happened. When my college roommate went to Panama City Beach our freshman year in college was raped too...by a "really nice guy" who bought her a drink.
FUGITIVE ALERT!-BE ON THEOKOUT FORSHWN WCNN) -- In llnama City Beach, Florida, police are looking for a hotel securitaccusedofaping an Alabama student andhrowing herf a sixth-flr hotel balcony
The 18-year-old woman from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, remains hospitalized, but her injuries are not life-threatening. The incident happened early Monday at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort in Panama City Beach during spring break.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for Shawn Wuertly, 29, who worked as a security guard at the resort. He is wanted for attempted felony murder, sexual battery and false imprisonment. Wuertly had been questioned by police regarding the attack, but they lacked the evidence to hold him, the spokesman said.

The police investigation has found that the suspect had seen the girl "several times" at the hotel and had "taken a liking to her at some point," Around 1 a.m. on Monday, the suspect grabbed the woman and pulled her into an unoccupied room on the sixth floor, using his key to get in.

The victim said he sexually assaulted her after forcing a sheet and pillow over her face, and, after a brief altercation, threw her over the balcony. She hit two smaller roofs on her way down, which likely saved her from more serious injuries, before she came to rest in a second floor stairwell.

The trouble started on Monday when Wuertly allegedly began making suggestive comments to the college student, who rebuffed the advances. Lt. Dave Humphrey stated, "He was basically kind of flirting with her, making some comments to her that, it was obvious to her, he liked her...she was polite and walked away.''

After his initial questioning, Wuertly told police he was leaving for Tennessee and would return on Wednesday. (they let him out knowing he was leaving the state? Outstanding police work/procedures...)

Wuertly has an outstanding arrest warrant, something that police did not discover until after he was released."

(Nice police work...isn't that something they look into RIGHT AWAY when being questioned? That is even done on routine traffic stops! And this wasn't done for someone who has been accused of sexual assault, attempted felony murder and false imprisonment? )

Obviously no one checked his warrants because he has an outstanding warrant in Indiana," Lt. Dave Humphrey said he is "not happy and will address that."

CNN's calls to the hotel's manager regarding Wuertly's outstanding warrant were initially not returned, however the spokesperson for the hotel stated, "As of now we’ve got nothing to say." (Why? Afraid you have a lawsuit on your hands because you didn't check his criminal record before you hired him? Sounds like a negligence case to me. I'm sure the hotel's lawyer told them to say NOTHING. Figures.)


http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/18/spring.break.attack/index.html?eref=rss_crime


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew this guy he is a real son of a bitch. I hope he gets molested for the rest of his life to pay for what he did to that girl and everyone else he has hurt.

Anonymous said...

Yeah well he lived with me for 4 months and basically did the same thing to me while my child was watching. Only by the grace of god did i get away with my life and that of my childs. I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. My prayers are with his latest victim and her family i hope she can recover better than i did. I still have flash backs and its been almost 2 years since my escape. I wonder if he told her the awful things he told me and i could tell just by his tone of voice while he was sayin it that it was true. Hes a freakin psycho and i hope they never let him out.

Kris said...

He almost got me...I hope you went to the police. If not, I understand how afraid you must have been. I had been friends with his wife and tried to convice her how dangerous he was. Unfortuately she chose to stay with him. I appears she is still supporting him. Go figure, somehow, someway he didnt do this..yes, I know it is laughable. Not only did I think he was a sociopath I think HE new he was one. I think you are very lucky to have escaped him and I hope you find peace and happiness. You may even feel a bit safer if he is locked up for life!!

Anonymous said...

Alpha males no longer serve a purpose in the survival of the human species.

Good to see his myspace page says that he has one friend named Tom. Perhaps he will have other friends in the big house.

Anonymous said...

He used to date my sister, and started beating her,... so I started beating him. There was quite a few times I snatched him up by his throat or just beat the shit out of him,... ahh memories, those were the days....

Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

If you have further information about this loser, please email me! I'd love to do a follow up story!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Please contact me about the rape of your friend here in Panama City Beach. I have helped organize a group called Families 4 a Safe Panama City Beach. I also have commented see http://pcbdaily.com/?tag=mark-canfora @ www.pcbdaily.com (search mark canfora) about the the rape and attempted murder by Wuertly last spring break and the murder of Officer Kight during spring break 2005. I have documented evidence of tens of thousands of reported assaults, arrests, rapes (not including the 95% of rapes not reported)and nearly 50 deaths. Thanks...
markcanfora@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Michelle, Shawn will now face attempted first-degree murder, sexual battery and false imprisonment charges. The prosecution was able to have his charges upgraded. Evidence supported his intent to kill! The longer he is behind bars the safer everyone will be. Sad thing is there are many, many more Shawn's out there.
I just used anonymous because it was faster...this is "kris" I posted previously.

Gone said...

This is a shame, but watch out for Tuscaloosa locals. There is an Bibb/Tuscaloosa county fire fighter/paramedic luring women behind the station to "talk". Beware, he wants to do more than talk. He also is after recently divorced women who might have money he can get to. He has been known to be forceful in attempting to get what he wants. I encourage others who have been hurt or scared by someone like this to come forward and talk before any one else gets hurt.

Mike said...

I stayed at this hotel in 2006 with some friends on spring break. I was in my friends' room when the security guards entered the room, took our IDs, and searched through everyone's personal belongings. They patted us down like police officers and confiscated drugs that my friends had in their room. Makes you wonder what they do with all those drugs they confiscate (this happened to other people staying at the hotel that day).

CnC said...

I used to go to church with this freak when he was just a little kid. We all knew then even though he was only about 7 or 8 that he would end up like this. The little S.O.B. kicked me in the shin and I wanted to kick his ass but I would have ended up in jail. Something about him just radiated evil. He was adopted when he was only one by some really good people. He seemed to hate the women in his life and they couldn't control him. He got in trouble as a teen but it didn't stay on his record. I think when he was 15 he had been harassing a girl with very obscene language by phone and he stole a truck and tried to get to her house. Somehow his name came to mind today and I happened to Google his him and found this blog. Glad that lunatic is behind bars. Hope he never makes it out of there alive. I feel bad for his adopted parents and grandparents, they were good people. It was just bad luck that they tried to help a baby by adopting him and ended up raising such a scumbag.

Anonymous said...

Crown-n-Coke . . . "I used to go to church with this freak" No wonder people think the church is full of hypocrites. Wonder how many people could be persuaded to want to attend a church that is supposed to be about love and forgiveness and our Saviour Jesus by someone who goes by Crown-n-Coke and tells the world "little S.O.B. kicked me in the shin and I wanted to kick his ass but I would have ended up in jail." So basically if you didn't fear jail time for yourself you would have physically abused a child of 7. What is that, first grade? You are no doubt a man's man. Then, as a church goer, you go on to refer to him as "evil" and a "lunatic" and go as far to say "Hope he never makes it out of there alive." Now you hope, and verbalize that hope, that he dies. Would you be the one to carry out that death sentence that you feel justified in imposing? I think it's obvious you truly understand God's love and what the crucifixion of Jesus was for.
"I feel bad for his adopted parents and grandparents, they were good people." . . . well after reading your uneducated statements I feel bad for your parents and grandparents. Wonder if they know what a fine upstanding would be child abuser "scumbag" they raised?
Also while investigating this story, which you obviously did not, I see he was sentenced with two count of battery and not attempted murder or kidnapping. It went on to say the victim was drunk and doing illegal drugs at the time she fell over the balcony while wearing THREE inch heels . . . hmm? Is he a church boy? I would say NO NOT AT ALL. . . unless he attended church with you. But wait! You said he did. That explains a lot. He desperately needed serious counceling (and I would imagine still does). My opinion is that you need some yourself.

Anonymous said...

here is the losers sex offender page..
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=66682

Anonymous said...

Anonymous from May 17th,
Coming from a person who knows... You are the idiot! First of all you dont know anything about this case so you dont know the facts! There was an overwhelming amount of evidence incriminating this person. You are trying to say it was her fault because she was wearing heels? So does this mean it was her fault that this man raped her (which the rape kit proved)? Was it her fault that he almost strangled her to death? Do you know the ER doctor said that what he saw was "a horrendous strangulation"? There was a towel found with his DNA on the ends and hers in the middle (this is what he used to strangle her). Also, the drug found in her system was a date rape drug, which this man is most probably responsible for. Someone also witnessed him pushing her over and they testified that fact in court.I can keep going on and on.. So get your facts strait before you start talking! And maybe it is you that needs some counseling since you obviously think he is innocent. Do some research before you start talking about things you dont know anything about.