August 2, 2008

MY INTERVIEW WITH THE "TRUE CRIME BLOGROLL"




I am honored to have been chosen to be interviewed by The True Crime Blogroll. Here is an excerpt of my interview:


Q: I love the title of your blog, how did you decide on it?



A: When I was growing up, whenever I questioned my mom, she would always say, “Because I said so!” I’m an opinionated woman (if you can’t tell from my writing), so I thought “Michelle Says So” was perfect for me. It gives me sort of an identity in my passion. Either you love me or hate me. I like that…why? “Because Michelle Says So!” LOL.



Q: How long have you been blogging?



A: A little over 3 years. I’ve been a writer since 13, way before the internet, but I started blogging just for fun to get my creative juices flowing for a book I’ve been writing. The blog “blew up” and I was instantly addicted. Now I cannot conceive giving up my pursuit for justice of all victims.



Q: What first drew you to true crime?



A: Weird enough, I was a horror movie freak growing up. I’ve always been interested in the criminal mind. When I went to undergrad in Wisconsin, I was a psychology/criminal justice major thinking I would get into forensic/criminal psychology. That changed when I decided to switch majors to political science so I could go to law school and become a prosecutor; putting away criminals instead of studying them. Even though I decided not to pursue law (only attending one year of law school) I am still absolutely fascinated with the criminal mind and the law. My staple channel is Investigation Discovery or documentaries and shows such as “The FBI Files”, “The Investigators”, “American Justice”, “Cold Case Files”, etc. And my personal library of true crime is outstanding.




Q: What true crime issues are important to you and why?



A: Any violent crime. Specifically crimes against women and sexual assault. I am a survivor of rape myself, so it has always hit home. I did nothing legally when it happened to me, so helping others is sort of a way for me to help others avenge what I could and did not do for myself. I hate to see women as victims and I would do anything to help seek justice on their behalf.




Q: You have another blog about boycotting Aruba and Netherland Antilles because of the Natalee Halloway case. Why are you so passionate about this case?



A: As I mentioned before, I am a victim of sexual assault. Back in my day, there weren’t date rape drugs, but alcohol was the drug of choice to take advantage of helpless girls. I saw myself in Natalee and thought “that could have been me 1000 times over”. I was so angered with the Dutch justice system and how Joran van der Sloot, et al., managed to worm their way out of doing what he/they did. To me, I don’t need a court to tell me what happened. I fully believe Joran killed (or unintentionally killed) Natalee and I have made it my mission to let her voice be heard through my words and actions. I promised her mother Beth Twitty and Natalee herself that I would not allow her to be forgotten and not to let her victimizers get away with what they did to her.



Q: If you could solve one currently unsolved crime what would it be and why?



A: I would say Natalee Holloway, but if one has followed the case, you would know that Joran was secretly taped admitting what happened to Natalee. End of story. It is a solved crime to me, and in my eyes, Joran mirrors OJ Simpson to a T. Both killers that are allowed to walk free basking in their evil.



Right now I am working with a family here in Indiana in regards to Molly Dattilo, who was 23 when she went missing 4 years ago. I have become close with her cousin, Keri Dattilo, who is the epitome of an avenger and my personal hero. We know who the person of interest is, he was the last person to be seen with Molly. We know what happened, but the Indianapolis police have withheld evidence to the family and have not been aggressive in solving the case. They claim they do not have enough evidence to hold him, but there was forensic evidence (possible vomit) in his vehicle that was not preserved and the man involved sold his car shortly after Molly went missing. She has been missing for 4 years and her body has not been found. I would love to see the day when she is finally found, put her to rest properly for her family’s sake and prosecute this person. Check out her website. Her family would appreciate any publicity to keep her name out there.


http://www.myspace.com/mollydattilo



Keri Dattilo, pictured far right



I wouldn’t mind solving Amy Bradley’s case as well; who incidentally was abducted while off her cruise ship that was docked in the Netherland Antilles and is thought to be a victim of sex trafficking and has been sighted.



Q: What is your favorite color?


A: Green…fresh like beautiful grass the day after a rain.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joran van der Sociopath.

I like the sound of that.

Observer* said...

Michelle.. I have a cadaver dog now, is there an area of interest that needs to be searched in Molly's case?

If so, you have my email


Suzan