August 23, 2009

MEGAN WANTS A MURDERER?


I'm about to make an embarrassing confession. I watched the VH1 reality show, "Megan Wants a Millionaire". My sister and I would sit in front of the tube for an hour giggling and laughing at these side-show idiots.

One of the millionaires was a creep with a "capital C". The moment I saw his slimy ass I knew something didn't sit right. He looked smarmy and turned me off with his "Don Juan" pompous, narcissistic persona.

Three shows later, I still disliked "Ryan". Couldn't put my finger on it. It's that woman's intuition, I suppose. I don't think that Megan girl had any.

Next thing I know, I see everywhere on the news and internet: "Millionaire Reality Star Ryan Jenkins WANTED for MURDER" of his playboy model wife by allegedly strangling her, removing her teeth and cutting off her fingers to evade identification, stuffing her into a suitcase and throwing it into the dumpster outside her apartment building. She was identified by the serial number in her breast implants.

Days after the murder, Ryan was seen partying in public and writing messages on his Facebook page.

Once he realized he was wanted, he took his BMW toward the Canadian border with a boat in tow, and allegedly sailed into the distance in order to enter Canada to escape from border patrol.

It is now rumored that his very wealthy parents have lied to the police and FBI, and possibly have helped their son escape and hide.

What I don't understand is the lack of simple background checks on these reality "stars"!? I assumed that would be "a given"? That's just pure stupidity. These people are NOT actors. They are not members of the actors guild. It is a known fact that many reality stars in the years since it's inception are rapists, batterers, drug users and thieves.

Should VH1 be held MORALLY liable? VH1 can't be held legally liable since Ryan Jenkins did not commit a crime during his "tenure" at Megan's mansion.

(Note: VH1 has now pulled the complete "Megan Wants a Millionaire" season.)

Should the television stations that produce reality shows that have publicly ruined people's lives (i.e. Jon & Kate Plus 8) be morally liable ? What should be their punishment?

Hit 'em where it hurts. Their pocketbook.

We, as consumers and responsible citizens bear a part of the blame and responsibility for "buying into" and watching these shows, present company included. I don't think I will partake in this money-making madness anymore.

Should we boycott them all to make a point?

Haven't you had enough already?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I watched this show too. (I'm also watching Real Chance of Love. That's how sad my life is right now.) Anyway, I can't believe Ryan Jenkins is freaking wanted for murder. Yeah, I thought he was creepy too, but I didn't think he was capable of that.

Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

Star--don't get me started on "Real Chance"...I work from home and it ALWAYS seems to be on TV when NOTHING else is on. My life is just awesome, thank you very much! LOL

Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

Note: No one thought Ted Bundy was capable either. He even had Ann Rule fooled. And she's the expert...hello?

Dee said...

I have to say that I have never understood the publics fascination with these stupid reality shows. I guess that I have always watched shows that helped me escape the harsh reality of the world we live in. I'll take an intelligent sit-com (Golden Girls, New Adventures of Old Christine, etc.) anyday over an inane reality show. I had never even heard of this show until this REALITY.

Anonymous said...

What is even more disturbing is that there is a show about trying to find a millionaire. It's sickening. As if the millionaire part is the most important criteria and all other criteria is an afterthought. It's disturbing that this dude is not just a narcissist but a sociopath. A narcissist is obsessed with themselves but the sociopath is the one with NO empathy like-- nobody's home ala Casey Anthony.
Something about our greed laden self obsessed culture is breeding this kind of people like Scott Peterson. WTF-

Monisavant

Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

Don't forget that show from a long time ago, "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire"...we saw how that played out, too... It was a total farce.

safety consultancy service said...

Wonderful website. Lots of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!. I added it to my favorites blog list and will be checking back soon.