October 24, 2005

DUMB CRIMINAL--OR NOT? YOU DECIDE...


Drugs in popcorn bag lead to arrest


What justification did that cop have to look inside the popcorn bag? How could he have had a 'reasonable suspicion'? Weed smells, cocaine doesn't. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know much about "reasonable search and seizure", but I'm going to look into it. Don't get me wrong...I'm not condoning this guy...I just don't trust cops.



MARION, Ind. -- Police arrested a Kokomo man after they say they found cocaine in a bag of microwave popcorn in his car.

Steve White, 33, was preliminary charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver. He was being held in the Grant County Jail Sunday evening on $50,000 bond.

Police said they pulled over White's vehicle when looking to serve an arrest warrant to someone else. (Oh, how convenient...)

They found that White's driver's license was suspended, and then checked a bag of microwave popcorn that police said White had given to a female passenger just before stopping. They found 13 grams of cocaine, according to a police report. The cocaine has a street value of $1,300 to $1,600, according the report.


No comments: